File Police reports online
In case you did not know, you can file a police report through our website. The Sheriff’s Online Report Tracking System (SORTS) allows you to file a specific type of crime or incident report.
Once your report is reviewed and accepted, you will receive a free copy of the approved report via email for your records. All cases filed within this system will be reviewed.
If you are a victim of any of these incidents, you can file a police report using SORTS:
- Lost or stolen cell phones valued $950 or less
- Lost or stolen property valued $950 or less
- Vandalism, excluding graffiti, where damage is valued under $400
- Theft from an unlocked vehicle valued $950 or less
- Theft from an open or unsecured area valued $950 or less
- Supplemental Loss Form (Must already have a LASD report number)
Department policy will dictate the level of investigation needed for the incident you report to us. A Deputy Sheriff may need to follow-up by email, telephone, or in person, if the incident requires further investigation.
If you need to file a police report, click on the link File a Report to start the process today.