Update: LASD has expanded visitation to all facilities starting Saturday, June 5, 2021. More information here.
LASD values the importance of visitation, and its role in family connectedness during this difficult time.
We are excited to announce the phased reopening of jail visitation commencing on Mother’s Day weekend (May 8th and 9th) at Century Regional Detention Facility (CRDF).
All other facilities are expected to reopen by the first week of June. The Department will also be offering free vaccinations on Saturday, May 8th from 9am to 12pm at CRDF.
• All visits must be scheduled in advanced. There will be no walk-in appointment allowed or scheduled at facilities.
• Visitors will be screened for symptoms, such as fever, cough, or loss of taste. Visitors will be turned away if they have symptoms or are under quarantine or isolation orders.
• Visitors must wear a mask at all times and maintain at least six feet of distance, or they will be asked to leave.
• Only one adult visitor OR one adult with one child will be allowed. If more people show up, the entire visit will be canceled for everyone.
• Visitors subject to a quarantine or isolation order will have their appointment canceled.
• Visitors will have to show proof of a full COVID vaccination i, a negative COVID test within the last three days ii, or proof of previous infection iii. Otherwise, the visit will be canceled.
For more information on visitation requirements, please go to https://lasd.org/covid19updates/#inmate_visit.