Lancaster Sheriff's Station
501 W. Lancaster Blvd., Lancaster, CA 93534
Serving the areas of: Antelope Acres, Lancaster, Quartz Hill, Lake Los Angeles.
Joseph F. Fender
Paul R. Bartlett
News and Stories
Station Parking Enforcement
The primary Mission of Parking Enforcement Detail (PED) is to ensure the residents of the unincorporated areas of Los Angeles County are provided with expeditious vehicle movement to help allleviate parking congestion, improve the availabliity of parking choices, and to assist the communities in addressing all parking related matters.
PED shall protect and with fairness, apportion scarce parking spaces for all legitimate vehicles by insuring those who violate parking regulations are properly addressed through the California Vehicle Codes (CVC), the Los Angeles County Vehicle Codes (LACoVC) and other various municipal codes.
Each Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Station has a Parking Enforcement unit. Please visit the Stations page to find your local Sheriff’s Station.
Antelope Valley Compliance Unit Reports
According to the Settlement Agreement:
LASD will facilitate quarterly public meetings of the CAC to discuss the Monitor's reports and to receive community feedback about LASD's progress or compliance with the Agreement.
The CAC's reports and recommendations will be posted on LASD's website. LASD will consider and respond to the civilian panel's recommendations in a timely manner.
Policies Related to Compliance Mandates
The below LASD Policies Have Been Submitted to DOJ & the Federal Monitors for Approval:
- Unit Order on the station's Community Advisory Committee (Approved 05/03/16).
- Unit Order on Supplemental Patrol Procedures (Approved 05/03/16).
- Unit Order on Supplemental Supervisory Responsibilities (Approved 05/03/16).
- Policy on Limited English Proficiency in the context of searches, bias-free policing, and complaint intake. Related to Settlement Agreement (SA) items 52, 66, and 125 (Revised/Approved 04/08/18).
- Policy on photography, audio, and videotaping by the public and members of the press, which establishes a prohibition against discouraging members of the public from documenting police activities. Related to SA item 106 (Revised/Approved 11/06/17).
- Policy on seizure of photographic video or audio evidence from a private citizen or member of the press, related to item above (Revised/Approved 11/06/17).
- A policy on Housing Non-Discrimination (Approved 02/23/18).
- Policy on housing authority non-criminal investigations/inspections (FOD), regarding searches, accompaniment on Section 8 compliance checks, and fair housing reporting and analysis. Related to SA items 54, 76, 77, 78, 79, and 80. (This policy was implemented in 2012 subject to a separate lawsuit.) (Revised/Approved 03/14/18).
- A revised policy on use of force, to address general use of force policy principles, use of force reporting policy, and use of force supervisory investigations. Related to SA items 103, 105, 110, 109, 111a, 111b, 111e, 112a, 112d, 113, 116, 117, 118, and 117 (Submitted to Monitors/DOJ for approval 11/02/17 - Returned for Additional Changes).
- Policy on constitutional policing, regarding the right of members of the public to receive equal protection of the law, without bias as to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, relation, gender, gender identity, disability, or sexual orientation. Related to SA item 64 (Revised/Approved 05/15/17). Includes the following:
- Policy on stops, seizures, and searches, which establishes that investigatory stops and detentions shall be initiated and carried out based on the tenets of constitutional policing and bias-free policing, as in above policy. Related to SA items 41, 43, 50, 51, 52, 56, and 64 (Revised/Approved 05/15/17).
- Policy on backseat detentions, addressing when and by what rationale backseat detentions can be used and how to handle citizen complaints about such detention. Related to SA items 48 and 49 (Revised/Approved 05/15/17).
- Policy on logging public contacts. Related to SA item 44 (Revised/Approved 05/15/17).
- Policy on statistical codes for traffic, pedestrian, and bicycle stops. Related to SA item 44 (Revised/Approved 05/15/17).
- Policy on logging field activities. Related to SA item 44 (Revised/Approved 05/15/17).